The purpose of this page is to document references to the Holy Land covenant between YHWH and HIS people and to detail the terms of the covenant.
1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:" (KJV)
2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:" (KJV)
5 And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came." (KJV)
7 "And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him." (KJV)" (KJV)
7 And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him." (KJV)
8 And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Bethel, and pitched his tent, having Bethel on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he builded an altar unto the LORD, and called upon the name of the LORD." (KJV)
9 And Abram journeyed, going on still toward the south." (KJV)
17 And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces." (KJV)
8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
7 "The LORD God of heaven, which took me from my father's house, and from the land of my kindred, and which spake unto me, and that sware unto me, saying, Unto thy seed will I give this land; he shall send his angel before thee, and thou shalt take a wife unto my son from thence." (KJV)
SCRIPTURE SUMMARY TABLE 1:
Holy Land Covenant Summary Table (WWW.THEKEYOFKNOWLEDGE.NET)
- YHWH commanded Abram to leave his country and family to go to a land that HE will show him. Genesis 12:1
- YHWH tells Abram the HE will make of Abram a great nation,
make Abram's name great, and
make Abram a blessing. Genesis 12:2
- YHWH tells Abram the HE will bless those that bless Abram and curse him that curses Abram, and
in Abram all families of the earth be blessed. Genesis 12:3
- Abram is 75 years old when he departs with Lot. Genesis 12:4
- Abram taks Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran. Genesis 12:5
- Abram travels to Sichem in the plain of Moreh.
The Canaanite were in the land then. Genesis 12:6
- YHWH appeared to Abram and said, "Unto thy seed will I give this land". Genesis 12:7
- Abram builds an altar to YHWH. Genesis 12:7
- Abram left and went to a mountain on the east of Bethel, and pitched his tent, having Bethel on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he built an altar to YHWH, and called upon the name of YHWH. Genesis 12:8
- Abram journeyed, going on still toward the south. Genesis 12:9
- There was a famine in the Holy Land so Abram went down to Egypt to sojuourn there. Genesis 12:10
14 And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:
15 For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.
16 And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.
17 Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.
18 Then Abram removed his tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the LORD.
Abrahamic covenant #1
Covenant of the pieces
Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.